Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Zoo and Malad

I have been behind on this blog 
and 
I am determined to catch up.

After we dropped Richard in Provo,
we made a trip to the zoo.


It was hot and the kids were troopers.



Grandpa tried to find a cool place to get a little nap in.


Peter didn't really love the dinosaurs.



He wanted to see lions and bears,
but they were hard to find.


Peter's little brother slept through most of it.



They did like the train.


Part 2

Callie has been interested in Welsh.
She took a couple of classes in college.
So, when we saw that there was a Welsh Festival, 
we were all in.


She brought a fellow Welsh Student.
First thing we did was tour the town of Malad Idaho.


I feel like the word 'pristine' can be used.
I'm pretty sure nothing has changed in the last hundred few years.


This little cabin was nicely done.


We found a waffle maker.


This was a presentation.....I have no idea what it was about,
but the costumes were AweSome!


After lunch, we headed to the Senior Center for a quilt show.
We took a quick stop at the War Memorial and
I found the names of a couple of my uncles.


--Did I mention that my grandma grew up there?--

All in a delightful way to spend the day.

No comments: