Sunday, March 29, 2015

Food and Flowers....a perfect vacation


Wes and I went on a vacation.
We didn't visit or take any of our kids.
It worked out okay.

We went to Seattle, but we had to drive through Oregon.


I should tell you, that I had been sick,
I just been transferred from a liquid diet to the BRAT diet.
So eating on the road was interesting.


This was the cutest little Chinese place.
I had the broth -- rice came later --
Wes had everything else.


Anyone who knows me, 
knows I have a thing for tulips.


While visiting the Seattle Center,
we visited the Chihuly Exhibit.

Fasinating


It is an indoor - outdoor exhibit.



I loved the flowers as much as the glass.


To think I was thinking about adding daffodils in my garden.
Maybe I should consider glass sculpture.




About 18 years ago,
in San Francisco, I took a picture of some tourist.
(It is a story that I still remember)
I loved the reaction of this couple,
so ever since then,
when I go on vacation, 
I always offer to take a picture for families or couples.

It is very rare that they ask if they can take a picture for me,
but this women did and thus,
I had a pay day.



More tulips -- beautiful --


Back to the food.
I had been feeling a little better and thought,
maybe I could try some bread pudding.



This is bread pudding -- really.
in Port Orchard Washington.



We also went to San Juan Island on the ferry.




We went here
but did not see any Orcas.

But it was a beautiful day.



1 comment:

Pam said...

I love Seattle - looks like you had a great time!