Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Long Drive

I thought I would show some interesting sights we had as we drove to Wisconsin.

I don't even know what to say about this, but it was funny.



If you look close, one of these poor soldiers is shot in the bum.  
It made me laugh...what can I say?


Quiet morning at Winter Quarters


Words cannot express how much corn, hay and soy we saw.


As luck would have it, we saw Glenda almost as soon as we got to Nauvoo 
and we loved it!


No trip is complete without a quilt.



I found Nauvoo to be peaceful.


Loved that they rebuilt the outhouses.




Here is the loom that they make all the rugs out of.



I really thought Peter would like the wagon ride.


 He did not like the horses.



A beautiful morning.


Here is Peter after Uncle Rich took care of him.
Besides being sideways (and I have no idea why) he was happy.





This is where we saw Max.






Please notice that Peter is in the cupboard, where he likes to play.


So we went to the farmers market in Madison.
Peter and I shared a scone, however, there was a lot of fresh produce.


Also, there was a lot of people...are you kidding me?
All these people came to buy produce....


We stopped at the Corn Palace...Wes's idea.
We didn't go in.



We drove out to Devils Gate, didn't go in.
Another one of Wes's ideas.


This, another idea from Wes, is.....?????
I don't know, but apparently, we are still in the USA.


No comments: