Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Job

I work in Migrant Education, just in case you wondered, and I have been working on a project this week.  In a nut shell, a migrant student is one that has moved to another school district and whose parent/s work in a temporary agriculture job.  Believe me, that is a nut shell.
So my project has been to copy old files, some as old as 1978, and alphabetize and then alphabetize chronologically.  That is not interesting, what is interesting is that 30 years ago, there were as many names like, Smith or Wilson, as there were Garcia and Cortes.
I think it is interesting to see the evolution of Migrant farm workers.  That is what is on my mind today.

1 comment:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

My Dad and I were talking recently that everyone had a price they had to pay to come here whether it be dealing with racist people or working in coal mines etc etc.

When we were going through my grandparent's things when they passed we found that my grandmother had sponsored several people from Poland to come overseas. We have never figured it out, but it sure is interesting.