Sunday, September 18, 2011

Laura's Quilt


This quilt has been such a journey, and we are not done yet. When I went to Canada last year, I came home with this fabric to make Laura a quilt. She told me not to worry about it until summer. When we were visiting before our granddaughter was born, she saw a quilt in one of my magazines and asked if we could do it. It was a a small change from what we planned. So when the summer came and I woke up with a herniated disk, this was next on my quilt list. First I did the math, and changed the pattern from a small quilt to a King size quilt. Then I used a calculator I found on Wes's dresser to figure out how many strips to cut. That calculator answered in fraction form..???? Too much info for me, I went down and got mine from the sewing table and it helped. Next I set a goal to put on one boarder a day. There is also a seam down in the middle part that had to be matched up. I finished this part by the end of June. I took it to the Quilt Barn. I requested silk batting because when we were buying the fabric, the lady told us we had to use it. Well, it turned out to be a challenge to get a hold of. However, this week they called and said it was done. I have all 400 inches of binding ready to put on. It is going to go back to Canada at Christmas with K@C. I am just happy that I am almost done with my summer project!

1 comment:

mr.math said...

Fractions are our friends. Oh and btw, 400 inches is 33 1/3 ft.