Sunday, September 26, 2010

2nd Grade

I have spent the last two weeks subbing for a 2nd grade teacher. The first week was wild, exhausting, and educational. I felt like I should give out advise such as:
If your child is too sick to go out to recess, they are too sick to come to school, or
Your child can't drive themselves to school, so get out of bed, feed them breakfast, and get them to school on time. Or how about:
Just because you think every thing your child does is cute, do not expect others to think the same way.
The second week was easier. I was able to plan ahead better and I was not so tired. I was thinking I had the hang of it, when on Wednesday, I confiscated a cell phone, had a boy dismantle his desk, and had a girl cry for an hour because she missed her sister. It just goes to show that you never know what will happen next.
I have one more week to go. Who knows what will happen.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Got a little giggle from that post. Enjoy your last week. :)