Thursday, February 4, 2010

We're so happy you came



My mothers mother, had 5 brothers. They loved her and called her little Kay. And since she was not 5 feet tall and they were all over 6 feet tall, it was easy to understand why. Her Uncle Joe lived on a great piece of land just outside of Challis, Idaho right on the Salmon River. When we were kids we went to see him a couple of times. We thought he was so cool because he had a pig named Chester.
After we moved to California, they started having a family reunion at his place. I only went a few times, as it turned out to be a 2 day trip from California, but I always enjoyed it and found strength in getting to know my relatives. The last time I went we got out of the car and were greeted by Joe. He looked at us and said, "We're so happy you came."
Uncle Joe passed away yesterday. He lived a good life, and had many friends, and was a favorite uncle to all. I have no doubt that he was greeted by his brothers and sister, who have already passed on with a "We're so happy you came."

No comments: