Thursday, July 30, 2009

July Blocks of the Month





Look what I got on the quilt frame! It is coming along very quickly too. My good friend Dixie helped me baste this together. It is going to be done in no time.













Here are all of my BoM, and yes, I know there are two months here, I got a little busy in June, so I did two in July. The calender quilt is also caught up. I think I will use outdoor fabrics for August.








Here is penguin quilt for Callie for her birthday, she loves all animals that start with 'P' : ponies, penguins, puppies and platypus. Interesting child.






My mom sent me this pattern and I thought it was cute. But when I started reading, I noticed it had several different fabrics in it, in other words, it was more than I thought it would be. So I started collecting. The black has a multi-colored dot in it. I looked for that for a couple of months, until I stopped one day in Rupert and found it. It will now go on the 'to be quilted' pile.







2 comments:

Evenspor said...

I love seeing your quilts. The one on the frame especially is so pretty. What is a calendar quilt?

Lisa said...

Thank you, and you are right, the one on the frame is a beautiful quilt. It is for my neice here in Twin and she picked out the colors. She has been waiting a very long time for it, but it is a king size quilt and it just takes time to quilt.
A calendar quilt is a piece of fabric for everyday of the year. I have a link to it on this blog. Mine is going to be big, but it has been fun.