Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sheep

I have been reading and reformatting an autobiography that was written by L.L.Anderson, my mothers maternal grandfather. He mostly writes about his work. He trapped preditors that would bother sheep. He spent a great deal of time in sheep camps. He also sheared sheep and worked as a Sheppard. 


Callie, Spencer and I went to Hailey Idaho to watch the sheepdog competition. There were vendors there and basically every kind of product made from sheep and alpacas. 


It was beautiful and inspiring.  My heart was touched in a way I didn't see coming. Having read and worked with this autobiography made me feel part of it. 


The sheep didn't always cooperate but the sheepdog and Sheppard never gave up. Some runs were a trial of endurance. 

I can't explain it, but I felt connected to this activity in so many ways. 

We went on a river walk after. 


Beautiful place.

It was good for my soul. 

No comments: