Sunday, March 15, 2020

Social Distancing

I'm trying to figure this out.  I have no problem with the concept of staying home.  I can do that.  I know how to make a schedule so that I read, sew, and cook in moderation.  I am terrible at watching TV all day.  Everything I have read suggests that going for a walk is okay.  And that makes for a perfect day. 
So here is my problem,  they still have us going to school.  I am convinced that the little germ spreaders -my students- are carriers of ALL viruses.   So why am I spending my days with these little people?  
A year ago, I wouldn't have cared. I  was healthy,  I never had problems with the flu. I rarely picked up their germs. September changed my life.  When I got pneumonia it was fast, it was painful, and it stayed in my lungs until December.   
I don't want this virus.  I would hope my symptoms would be mild, but am not so sure right now. I am ready to social distance.  I will admit that while others were standing in line to buy toilet paper -??????-  I went to Hobby Lobby and bought 10+ yards of background fabrics. Maybe I can get to some quilts for Sleep in Heavenly Peace done.  My Lori Holt quilt is  a work in progress.   I am ready for some Social Distancing and in reality, this will be our last week in school for a couple of weeks. 
I am going to keep my fingers crossed and my hands washed.   Hope you do the same. 

No comments: