Sunday, December 23, 2018

Whew! Last week of school for the year!

When school starts I always read this book.  


It helps kids find their way around the school,

But also sets them up for the day that we read this book


This book teaches that the little things you do,
can make other people very happy.

We sang We wish you a Merry Christmas to the office.

We gave thank you gifts to our intervention teachers.

We made beautiful hand print Christmas cards for their parents.

We made ornaments with their pictures on them.

When Charlie the Veteran came into our room,
one of the boys saluted him and of course,
Charlie saluted back.

One of the boys told Santa thank you for the Christmas letters he sent our class.

All though I can't teach that Christ is the center of Christmas,
I can teach behaviors that let them feel the spirit of the season.




The other thing that happened this week 
built beds for two of my students.



I can't tell you how it feels to know that they are not sleeping on the floor anymore,
but I encourage you to check out this organization.
They are truly amazing.

May each of you have a Merry Christmas.


  





No comments: