Tuesday, November 10, 2015

In honor of Veteran's Day
I am going to post a couple of pictures.

I love to read World War II books.
I have read books from every point of view,
German, American, British, Jew, Spies, women, soldiers.
I love them all.
It was time when people sacrificed, worked hard,
and developed inner strength.  

My moms Uncle Joe went to Europe.



Here he is with his friends.


I know that he was called Idaho Joe, and his friend was called Little Joe.
They both made it back home.
Idaho Joe came home with a war bride. 
(I have read a book about war brides also)

Then, not long after, came the Korean War.
Here are my two favorite veterans from that war.

My father in law,
Howard Hall


and my dad,
Alfred Empey.


I remember looking at my 4 boys after 9-11 
and wondering if they would join the military.
So far, it hasn't happened.

Happy Veterans Day

No comments: