Sunday, April 12, 2015

Eddie Keith and Krissy

It turns out that I have 2  first cousins.
My mother had a brother, 
who had two children.
My father was an only child.

I have Eddie Keith


and Kristian.


I am sorry to say that I haven't seen Kristian, since I was about 10.
So, when I found out that she died this week,
I couldn't help but think,
"How have I lost complete contact with 1 of my 2 cousins?
To be honest, she has alienated herself from all family.

While at a funeral for a co-workers child this week,
--I know, right?  It is has been one of those weeks.--
I found myself thinking about who would take care of her now.
And this picture came clearly into my mind.


We have the same grandparents. --duh-- 
I'll bet, they only saw each other a dozen times.
But the look on my grandfathers face 
says, I will take care of her....always.








No comments: