Thursday, June 30, 2011

It just seems right

Here she is with her cute sisters and Uncle Arnold, who is also very cute.
(Afton, Glenda, Arnold, Raona, and Ruth...just in case my kids wanted to know)

I have been lying in bed thinking that I really should wish Grandma Hall a happy birthday today, since I did just wish one to my dad a couple of weeks ago. I promise to be respectful, which means I can't share with you about half of the stuff that has made me smile this morning.
She is 81 today.
She has always been a mystery to me.
But this is what I understand: she had 4 sisters and she was to a tomboy.
She gave birth to 6 sons and that explains a lot. She also has 2 daughters.
In our family we take turns writing letters to her every week and I read the one she writes to us out loud, as in... we share it.
She has always had long hair and she used to wear it in a bun. When Scott was about 5 he used to draw her with what looked like two heads, one was her face and the other was her hair....it was awesome.
I am pretty sure she is going to out live me and that I will wake up many more mornings thinking happy thoughts of her.

No comments: