Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vacation Quilts

No trip is complete without a couple of quilts to look at. This one is Miss Lizzie's. I love it. If she gets tired of it, she can always ship it my way.The next quilts were on display at the California Trail Interpretive Center in Nevada. Antique quilts are so amazing because quilting may be the only thing I have in common with my ancestors. They are also very hard to find, because they were used, just like mine. Enjoy
All of these quilts were made between 1890-1930's.
This one was in pristine condition. The fabrics are from feed sacks and if you look, you can find the reproductions in most quilt shops.

This is a 9 patch. I am always amazed at what you can create with a 9 patch.
I would love one of these machines.
I love crazy quilts. It is a history of some many things.
And here is one more.
I am sad/happy to say that I did not get to a place that sold fabric. I have been so busy that I have not had time to quilt. However, a visit to a quilt store always brightens my day.

1 comment:

Evenspor said...

We only live about an hour (or less, I think) from that trail center, but we still haven't gotten around to seeing it.