Saturday, March 6, 2010

Round Robin

My quilting group is starting a new group project today. It is a Round Robin. For those of you who are unfamiliar with a Round Robin, I will tell you a few of the ground rules. Everyone has a box and it has in it, a center block with some fabrics to add to it. Every month the project is passed to a new quilter, who uses their creative genies to put a boarder on the project. When it is done it will be a finished quilt top. We have two groups of 6, so we will not be done for 6 months.
It is a little scary working on someone else's project, but I think the results will be amazing. As I was getting mine ready, I thought, "I want Liz to put on the last boarder." Then I went crazy and invited her to join our group. Since she is in California and I, here, in the frozen tundra of Idaho, we will have to rely on the postal service, but I was thrilled when she joined.
What I love about a true quilter is that they can start a project like this without stepping out of their sewing room. Here is her fabric, 100% from her stash.
And here is her center square. It was an orphan square that she set on point. It believe it is from her great Aunt, who lives in Twin . Love it. Can't wait to see it finished.
I was feeling 100% un- inspired by this project and decided to go with '30's reproductions. Most of these are scraps, so I did go out an buy a couple of pieces.
My center block is from a counted cross stitch I did years ago. The frame was broke, it had a stain on the bottom, so I washed it, cut off the stain and put a boarder on it. I think it will work out great.
I will show you the projects as I work on them, but as for mine and Liz's, we will have to wait until the end. I do believe, we have decided to wait to see them, until they are finished. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Evenspor said...

Fun! I saw a finished quilt once from one of these and it was really cool.