Saturday, May 8, 2010

The first grandma project

This fabric is Michael Miller's Dino Dudes. I saw it in a magazine and knew c would love it. She is Dino Crazyl
While on a quilt group field trip to the Quilt Barn, the young mothers went crazy over a diaper bag. It is in amy butler's little stitches for little ones book. Let me add right here that if I were a really cool blogger, I would have a picture of the book, but since I am tech-tarded, you will have to look it up yourself.
Back to the subject. This is a cool bag and in know that c would love it. Some one else in my group said, "I have that book, and it is like new." That was very true, I think I may have been the first one to open it. So here I am, about to embark on my first grandma project.
A few words about the book. It must of been made for another generation. The print was small and on colored paper. My project has 21 steps. That is a lot of steps for someone with my attention span. The patterns are great and it has a spiral bind, so it opens up.
Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun! Enjoy your first project. Love the fabric.

the reilly's said...

Love the fabric and most of Michael Miller fabric!

miz lizzie said...

This is wild. Reminds me Fred Flintstone. Being a grandma gives you permission to do so many new fun projects. And buy new fabric.