Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

Look! We match. That has only happened about 4 times in since she was born.

On the 4th of July, we decided to take a drive and go see l.s. at Redfish lake, where she is working this summer. She had been telling us about a place on the Salmon river they call the 'hot pot'. So we drove out of Stanley, following the Salmon River (which everyone should do at least one time) in search of this local spot.
Let me assure you, it is local, you have to know where to pull over just to see it. Some one has put this pot in the river. The pipe is a natural hot spring. There is a plug in the pot so you can let the water out when you are done and it fills with a combination of cold river water and hot water. Someone was using it when we got there, but they said I could take their picture. Only in Idaho, my Friend.
We also had a picnic at the Stanley Muesum. My crew just had to figure out what this did. Wes was first to inform us that transmission still worked. It did not take them long to figure out that it had cut wood at one time. It reminded me something that H.G. Hall could have come up....Great minds....

Here is our picnic with a view. The food for the picnic was sad. Remember, I am just barely functinal. I went to the store and got their fried chicken (which is good) a cantolope, watermelon, and carrots. When I got home and cut into the the cantolope, it was the same color inside as out. The watermellon was the oppisite as it was almost soupy it was so over ripe. I almost cried, because that was as good as it was going to get. ( I did make cookies, look for the recipe in a post soon to follow)
We also spent some time at the lake. It was a beautiful day and sitting on this dock, soaking up the sun felt good.

We also gave the paddle boards a try. The boys seemed to enjoy them.
l.s. has been practicing and she didn't even fall off, which was a little dissapointing to me.
It was a good day.


1 comment:

Andy and Saramarie Bourne said...

I love Redfish Lake! It looks so beautiful there. I am so sad we won't make it there this year. It looks like you guys had so much fun!