Sunday, April 21, 2024

Windy Days


Boy we had a windy week. When it blows like that it means that the tulips are in bloom. 


I do love them. 


The trees are blooming too so my allergies are on full throttle. 

I went to lunch with my dad's cousin Mary yesterday. She had invited a neice of hers. They have been paling around together.  This neice is my age and she has been through some really ruff times. It is just like Mary to take her under her care and work with her. 

We saw a performance of the Lamb of God last night. It was a powerful testimony of the Savior.  

I put these two things in the same post because, Mary is a beautiful soul, who helps others and sees them as the Savior sees them. She does not go to church, but is extremely Christlike. 

How easy it is to mix up being Christian with going to church. I used to struggle with the question,  What is my relationship with Jesus?  I came to know that yes, going to church and renewing my covenant with Him is a huge part of it. However, when I leave the church I need to see people like He does. If they need something, I do what I can. If they need someone to talk to. I can listen. I can't fix them, only He can, but I can take a minute out of my day and praise them or thank them. I decided that my relationship with Jesus was strengthened by what I did outside of the church.  I'm sure everyone is different.  I just think we sometimes forget that there are millions of Christlike people who never come to church.


Happy tulip season to all.


No comments: