Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Night Sky

Last night I decided to check out the meteor shower. I took 2 chairs out to the middle of the back yard, 1 for my seat and 1 for my feet. I saw:
Mars
A plane and then I heard it. I just hate it when I realize all that stuff they teach you in school is right.
6 meteors -- they each took my breath away.
I remembered my cold walk to the bathroom when we were camping at Redfish and how bright the starts and moon shone that night.
I felt bugs -- that is what happens when you sit outside at night.
I heard crickets, frogs and the horse behind the fence. When I heard what was either squirrels or a skunk, I went inside, I don't mess with skunks.
It was an awesome experience and it has been too long since I sat and watched the stars.
Watching for meteors is like taking the peripheral vision test at the eye doctor. I kept wondering what I was missing. It is also something that cannot be shared, because by the time you see one, it is too late to show someone else where it is.

No comments: